- Bison Safe is the University’s new mass notification system that allows the University to send time-sensitive notifications via text messaging and email.
- In the case of an emergency on or near campus, a notification will be sent out immediately via:
- a text message to the mobile number that is provided.
- an email alert to Howard University-issued email addresses.
- Notifications will be limited to emergencies involving events such as severe weather, building concerns, intruders and potential pandemics. The University will also test the system periodically.
AlertDC is the official District of Columbia communications system allowing you to pick the type of emergency alerts, notifications, and updates directly from the District of Columbia's public safety officials. By staying informed, AlertDC is your personal connection to real-time updates and instructions to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your neighborhood
Wireless Emergency Alert System
Wireless Emergency Alert System (WEA) is a public safety system that allows customers who own compatible mobile devices to receive geographically targeted, text-like messages alerting them of imminent threats to safety in their area.