The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is investigating an armed robbery reported at approximately 4:40 am in the 2100 block of 8th St., NW.
The incident is non-Howard affiliated. The current lookout is for a gold BMW X5. No description of the suspects or the tag number of the vehicle is available.
If you have information about this incident, please contact the HU Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 202-806-1100 or call 911 to reach MPD.
The Howard University Department of Public Safety notifies the University community when crimes are reported that present a continuing threat to students, faculty, or staff in a manner consistent with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
General Safety Tips:
- Avoid isolated and dark areas.
- Carry your mobile phone and keep it accessible.
- Do not use doors marked as fire exits, prop, or obstruct them for unauthorized access.
- If you are approached, take note of the person’s appearance, clothing, and anything that will help to identify the subject.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity or suspicious individuals to the Howard University Police Department at 202-806-1100. Program this number into your mobile phone for quick access.