The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is investigating a robbery by force and violence reported at approximately 11:56 p.m. at 9th and V St., NW.
The incident is non-Howard affiliated. The current look out is for a black male with a dark complexion, 5’8” in height, wearing a blue shirt with a towel wrapped around his head. No last known direction was given.
If you have information about this incident, please contact the HU Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 202-806-1100 or call 911 to reach MPD.
The Howard University Department of Public Safety notifies the University community when crimes are reported that present a continuing threat to students, faculty, or staff in a manner consistent with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
General Safety Tips:
- Avoid isolated and dark areas.
- Carry your mobile phone and keep it accessible.
- Do not use doors marked as fire exits, prop, or obstruct them for unauthorized access.
- If you are approached, take note of the person’s appearance, clothing, and anything that will help to identify the subject.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity or suspicious individuals to the Howard University Police Department at 202-806-1100. Program this number into your mobile phone for quick access.